Skip To Main Content

Student Records/Transcripts

School Records Requests  

Please submit requests for transcripts using the online form at  

Students ages 18 years or older should submit their own requests; if this is not possible, a written release from the student should be uploaded with the online form. For security and confidentiality, all official transcripts will be prepared in a signed, sealed envelope. 

Current middle and high students and parents/legal guardians of current secondary students can access the unofficial transcript through the Student and  Parent Portals, respectively. Refer to the instructions for the four simple steps to obtaining a copy of your unofficial transcript. If you have questions, please contact the registrar at the last school of attendance in San José Unified. 

If you are seeking elementary school records, please contact your student’s school to request. 

Payment for Transcripts 

Official transcripts are $5 per transcript. Payment is required to process the transcript request and may be brought in-person to the school office or mailed directly to the school. If you are mailing the payment, please include a note with your name, date of birth, and phone number, or a copy of the transcript request. Accepted forms of payment include cash, checks, and money orders. Please make checks and money orders payable to the school. For cash payments, exact amounts are appreciated. San José Unified does not currently accept electronic forms of payment.

Special Education Records Requests 

Requests for Special Education records should be emailed to or submitted by selecting “Special Education” on our Contact Us form